Soya chunks are made from soy beans.
The protein content in soya chunks is more than meat and eggs, and these chunks also are a good source of iron and calcium.
The mouth-watering recipe:
Quantity of soya chunks – one full big cup (about 100g)
- Take 3 cups of water and completely immerse 1 cup of soya chunks in it.
- Add a pinch of salt and cook it for about 5 minutes until the chunks turn spongy in texture.
- Rinse the cooked chunks in cold water (2 – 3 times) and squeeze dry the chunks for further use.
- Sauté finely sliced pieces of (4 medium) onions in adequate quantity of any (mild flavoured) vegetable oil until the onion slices turn translucent.
- Flavour the onion slices with smidgen of salt and finely sliced pieces of (3 big) tomatoes.
- Pepper the mix with freshly ground black peppercorns (1 tsp.) and a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Delight the mixture with slices of cheddar cheese and processed cheese slices (according to preference of taste).
- Amalgamate sliced pieces of cooked soya chunks with the mixture to absorb the flavourings.
Happy Eating ♥