Coconuts are highly nutritious and rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals. For making curry paste I usually include coconut meat, in this recipe I experimented merging the benefits of buttermilk with the flavour and nutrients of coconut meat.
For this very delicious curry:
- Marinate the chicken pieces (- about 1 ½ kg of chicken) in:-
- One teaspoon of Kashmiri chilli powder (- has mild pungent flavour and gives food soft red colour)
- One teaspoon of garam masala
(Feel free to manipulate with the quantity of the above spices according to your preference of taste.)
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Half a litre of buttermilk
- For the curry paste, grind these ingredients into a smooth paste using water:-
- Finely grated shreds of coconut meat (half of the coconut shell)
- Slices of (3 medium) onions
- Handful of roasted gram (chickpea) dal
- Garlic cloves (about 10)
- Pieces of a small share of ginger
- Sauté the paste for few seconds in (20 teaspoons or additional – according to your preference of) sunflower oil or any other vegetable oil of your liking.
- Smidgen the gravy with salt.
- Enrich the gravy with finely chopped pieces of (3 medium) tomatoes.
- Add the marinade and the marinated chicken pieces to the thick gravy.
And as soon as the chicken pieces turn tender, savour the delight,
Happy Eating ( ♥ )