Vermicelli is a traditional type of pasta round in section similar to spaghetti. Vermicelli are also used in many parts of India to make upma. (Upma or Uppumavu or Uppittu is a common South Indian, Maharashtrian and Sri Lankan Tamils breakfast dish. https://masalahealth.wordpress.com/2015/09/21/upma/ )
For this recipe:-
- Cooked 4 handful of vermicelli in warm water, until the vermicelli were par-cooked.
Then, in 10 teaspoons of warm vegetable oil,
- Sautéed ( about 10 ) mashed pieces of garlic cloves,
- Added finely chopped pieces (of a bunch) of spring onions to the slightly browned garlic pieces,
- Enriched the mixture with finely chopped pieces of (3 medium) tomatoes,
- Flavoured the mixture with finely chopped pieces of a Hyderabadi chilli,
- Boosted the mixture with chopped pieces of button mushrooms (200 gm),
- Sprinkled the mixture with (1 teaspoon) of salt and (less than half a teaspoon) of turmeric powder,
- Combined the par-cooked vermicelli with the warm cooked mixture.
Happy Eating ♥