Poha (Aval) is flattened rice. The thicknesses of these flakes vary between finely thin to nearly four times thicker than a normal rice grain – I have used the thicker variety for this recipe.
- In a blend of vegetable oil & butter, sauté slices of onion and chopped pieces of yardlong bean.
- Blend the mixture with slices of tomato and chicken stock.
- Add salt, turmeric & chilli powder and garam masala.
- Once the vegetable turns tender, enrich the amalgamation with chicken shreds.
- Soak poha in water and immediately add the squeezed poha to the mixture.
Happy Eating ♥