Paratha is a flat, thick piece of unleavened bread commonly made from whole wheat flour – with methi (fenugreek) leaves the paratha is fused with calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and vitamin K and paneer (cottage cheese) adds a spirited boost of calcium.
The recipe of plain paratha with methi & paneer:
- To whole wheat flour add salt, finely chopped methi leaves and finely grated shreds of paneer.
- Pour water and knead the mix into dough.
- With dribble of vegetable oil knead the dough for a smooth consistency.
- Roll the dough into equal medium sized balls.
- Roll the dough balls into medium sized flat rounds by sprinkling whole wheat flour over it.
- Roast it on a frying pan and apply slim spread of ghee on both the sides.
Caution: Should be indulged with a thick layer of butter.