Bombay Duck fry is one of my most favourite foods. It feels blessed that this fish is available in Mumbai almost the entire year and is economical as compared to other fishes.
The recipe to enjoy the exceptional savour of Bombay Duck:
- I cut this fish into halves because this fish is slimy and cutting them in small piece makes it easier to fry.
- Squeeze the fish hard to remove the excess water from it.
- For marinating the fish, prepare a paste of these masalas: chilli, turmeric, coriander, cumin, garam masala and of course add salt.
- Squeeze lime juice over the mixture to turn it into a smooth paste. Coat the fish with the paste.
- Conceal the fish with the mixture of semolina, wheat and gram flour.
- Shallow fry the fish gently over medium heat till it turns golden brown in colour.
HAPPY EATING! (… fabulous)